A periodic declutter of your Pens and Pencils is good for the mind and soul and there is no better way to start to journal or study with organised Pens and pencils. If you are like me and have boxes and draws of old pens and pencils, why not take this time to get organised, declutter and work smart.
Getting a grip on cluttered Pens and Pencils
Some people love collecting things, and others like to use and discard, different strokes for different folks. Whether you are a signed up hoarder, casual collector or just a care free person, we all will benefit from having our pens and pencils organised. They are the tools of the trade, your communicating instruments, that is why I have come up with these basic top tips and ideas that will get you motivated to organise your pens and pencils for success.
Finding all your Pens and Pencils
- Get two old cloths and put these on the table,
- Find an old scrap piece of paper for testing pens
- Spend the next 30 minutes going everywhere finding all your pens and pencils in the house and placing them on your cloth, in 2 piles. Pile of pencils on one cloth and a pile of pens on the second cloth.
Best method for sorting pencils
Once your time is up, move the pen cloth to one side as you work to sort through your pile of pencils. Sort these pencils into three piles, lead, broken lead and too short to keep. Now the fun part. Spend the next 15 minutes with the radio on sharpening all the pencils in the unleaded pile.
There is nothing more satisfying that a good round of pencil sharpening. Why not take a look at these top pick Pencil Sharpeners, mechanical, battery powered or traditional
Best method for sorting pens
There are no short cuts when it comes to sorting through your pens. Each one has to be tested, and not just a dot on a rough piece of paper but a line or a few words to check there is still ink in the tank. Refill pens have their own category, but single use pens are the ones you are really sorting through.
Group your pens into Biro, fountain, felt tip, marker etc. After testing each pen on your scrap of paper, put the pens into two piles 1) Good to keep 2) Needs to go
Take your ‘Needs to go‘ pens and pencils and dispose of, and go ahead and sharpen the pencils to add to the Good to keep pile
Ideas for storing your Pens and Pencils
Step 3 Adapting Storage Containers for your Pens and Pencils
Organising your supplies are important especially for those that love art and have many pens, so here is some tips and craft ideas for organising your supplies.
When you are studying, need the right pens but can’t find it due to the fact that it’s not in the right place you thought it was in! That why organising and having a system will help you, not only make it look nice but to save your study time.
Look around for these handy storage items, why not pick a jar just for pencils or a tin can for Biros?
- hard pencil cases
- clear pencil cases
- pen holders
- tin cans
- A half-cut pringle box (painting it is optional)
If you want to be crafty, make your own homemade organiser
- a home-made cardboard organiser made with hot glue then for an extra touch paint it to your style.
- you could make it out of tins and paint it
- glue string around the tin for a nice simple look
- Or if you want to just buy some organisers online.
- A half-cut pringle box (painting it is optional)
- so firstly you want to get all your pens down on your desk and sort them into piles.
- Then test all your pens to see if they still have ink or not this is optional but it’s just easier to get it on with.
- Once you have done that then put then into the draws of the Organisers.
- Finally, put the full organisers on your desk and place then wherever and add decor if you want to:
Here are some ideas to decorate your Organisers:
Most organisers that you buy online are made of plastic and look a bit plain for some, so I have some craft ideas to spruce up the look
- adding masking tape, draw designs and stick wherever as a personalised touch.
- Buy some labels that you could put chalk on then you can change the words anytime.
- Adding fake flowers, put some blue tack, white tack or tape to stick them on
- Washi tape is quite popular and there are many designs to choose from!
How to have a system to make you stay organised:
Having a system and keeping on to it its one of the hardest things to do, many people struggle with it so let me give you a few tips;
- write down a timetable so every week you have a specific time to clean up
- go on your phone, press calendar and add some dates every month or so for checking the ink on yours pens so then you know when to get new pens or not.
- Some people install apps just for organising and it helps, its up to you to remember Everyones different and just pick the right thing for you or make your own system that YOU know that you can achieve.
Just these simple tips that can help you for years it’s better when you have a system so your mind isn’t that concentrated on the thing it does not have to focus not much about. I hope this helps!
Would love to hear your thoughts and creative ideas drop a note below, we will get back to you[/read]