Can clothes affect the way you work at home?
Yes, what you wear can affect your study and here are some examples, if you wear shoes it tells the mind that your ready for work, the opposite can be said of wearing pyjamas, your ready for sleep. Dressing for success at home not only switches you on, he tells others that you know what your doing.
Begin the switch by organising your wardrobe/closet
- first, pick a day when you know that you have time to do this and nothings going to distract you.
- Take all your clothes out and put then on your bed a sofa or the floor so you can see everything.
- if it’s been a while then sort out your clothes if they still fit, need washing or for donation (this is optional)
- then once you have done that sort them into piles if you have shelves or put them into hangers if you need for hanging.
- You might want to sort them out this thing you don’t have to but these are some suggestions: winter trousers, summer shorts, and dresses, short sleeve/long its really up to you and by how much space you have in your wardrobe/closet.
For clothes that you don’t need until the next season put it into a plastic or cardboard box and store under your bed or above your wardrobe/closet and label them so you know what stuff is in there.
What about shoes?
Many people have loads of shoes it does not matter what age here is a few tips on how to store them with some extra space as well.
- You can buy some shoe organisers and stick then inside the wall of your wardrobe/closet and put your shoes in there.
- For a craft idea, take shoeboxes and glue them together with strong glue to make your own fancy, home-made shoe oragnisers!
- if you don’t want to buy anything then I suggest that you can put nails (if you have any) and put them into the wall and get the shoelace and hang them on there.
- If you want a nice clean touch then get some leftover cardboard make 4 boxes and stack them up and glue, then paint with whatever colour.
- For a more personalised look do the same thing but adding drawings on top on the painted cardboard to give it more colour and a personal touch.
Declutter your wardrobe
well, there is plenty of things that you can do, if you think there is no way you can reuse the item them give it to goodwill or in the bin. If your more crafty then I have a few ideas for you.
- make tiny clothes for your dolls.
- make leg warmers with old cut off long sleeves.
- make shorts out of old jeans.
- with plainclothes do a tie-die to spruce it up a bit and can reuse.
- make a scarf with old long sleeves.
- cut off part of a t-shirt and add it to your plant pot for a cosy look.
- with a t-shirt, you can make clothes for your pet like a cat or a dog.
- make a skirt with a big t-shirt, just cut off just before the sleeves then push down and add a belt.
- pass it down to friends or children.
- with dresses, add beads to also spruce up and add a new belt to reuse it and make it look fabulous.
Great Folding Techniques:
this is the last step, and normally people don’t really know that there’s is soo may ways to fold in order to make more space for more things. There’s the Japanese method where you fold t-shirts small and make them stand to have less wrinkles and for more space. For leggings or trousers, you should only fold 2x because it’s ok if it gets a little Winkel it will smooth when you wear it. For t-shirts, fold the sleeves in and fold in half and fold in a quarter. But it’s all up to you, all these tips can go a long way and help you a lot. Hope this helps.
Any other tips:
yes actually, there are soo many tips out there but here are a few extra.
- after ironing fold your clothes just after so you don’t have to do it later.
- adding a mirror on the door on your wardrobe/ closet is very useful to have.
- store make-up nearby so you can check if it matches your outfit.
- Same with bag store them nearby too so you can also check if it matches your outfit.
- buying some lint removers for clothes is a good purchase, especially if you have a pet.
Overall find and do things that you think will work for you. So make this a fun time and maybe add some music as well to keep you entertained or face time a friend for company. And keep it organised! Hope this helps.