What you will need Drizzle Cake:
- 250g caster sugar
- 4 eggs
- 250g unsalted butter softened
- 250g self-raising flour
- finely grated lemon zest
for the lemon Icing:
- juice 1½ lemons
- 90g caster sugar
1. mix butter and the caster sugar until creamy, then add the eggs, one at a time, slowly mixing through.
2. Slowly sift in the self-raising flour, then add the finely grated zest and mix well.
3. then grease a suitable tin for your cake, then pour in your batter and Heat oven to 180C.
4. cook for 30 to 35 minutes until golden brown, once done wait until cool.
5. to make your lemon drizzle icing you need to combine your lemon juice and 85g caster sugar once mixed pour over the cake and enjoy.