Making perfect Homemade bread
So what will you will need:
500g=strong white flour, plus extra for dusting
2 tsp salt
7g sachet fast-action yeast
3 tbsp olive oil
1. Mix 500g strong white flour, 2 tsp salt and a 7g sachet of fast-action yeast in a large bowl.
2. Make a well in the center, then add 3 tbsp olive oil and 300ml water, and mix.
3. Tip onto a floured work surface and knead for around 10 mins.
4. Once the dough is smooth, place it in a lightly oiled bowl and cover with cling film. Leave to rise for an hour
5. Line a baking tray with baking parchment. Knock back the dough (punch the air out and pull the dough in on itself) then gently mold the dough into a ball.
6. Place it on the baking parchment to prove for an hour until twice the size.
7.Heat oven to 220C/fan 200C/gas 7.
8.cut a line in the middle (not too deep). Bake for 25-30 mins until golden brown and the loaf sounds hollow when tapped underneath. Cool on a wire rack.